Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Spirit of Unity

This past Friday, we headed over to Perimeter Church in Johns Creek for some team bonding. I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on the "high ropes course" idea (not a huge fan of heights), but it ended up being a great way to connect and unify the team.

Through the various obstacles, we learned the importance of teamwork and leaning on one another in times of need. We realized that we all possess different strengths, and weaknesses, but in the end, we are all here to serve one purpose: to spread God's love where it's needed most. That evening, I came across this great verse, which pretty much sums it all up:

Romans 15:5-7
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Photo: Robert, Matt, me, Nadine, and Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment