Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Here We Go

Before I check-in for the night, I want to say how excited I am about this trip.  People keep asking me if I'm nervous (which I thought I'd be), but I'm not.  Not at all.  I am so excited and ready to get over there and do great things, that the nerves have completely subsided.  Matt, one of our team leaders, sent out a really great email to the team a few hours ago.  He said if you're tired, stressed or frustrated about this trip, take all that energy or lack of desire to God.  It's never easy to put your life on hold for 10 ten days, travel 20 hours to a country you've never been to, and try to connect with people that don't even speak the same language as you.  But together, as a team, I know we can overcome these obstacles and really make an impact.

I think the coolest thing about this particular trip is that we're the first team from North Point to work with the Cambodian Hope Organization.  We are establishing a brand new relationship for North Point, and are leading the way for this anti-trafficking mission.  We will most definitely learn via trial and error.  But through our mistakes and/or successes, we will be able to create a template for this specific mission, to be used by future North Point mission teams.  How cool is that?

On another note, we will have one team computer while there, so I will try to post as often as possible.  I really want to keep "the readers" (ie. Heather Neal) up to date with where we are each day, and explain exactly what we are doing.  So please, check-in every day or so for updates.  In the meantime, here is a little map, so you can see where (on the map) we'll be: we fly into Siem Reap and will be traveling to Poipet (right on the Cambodia/Thailand border).

Thank you for the of the positive thoughts and prayers.  Here we go!

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment