Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Soldier Camp Day Two
We just got back from dinner in the casino zone. We took a tuk tuk to dinner. It was more like a metal cage attched to a motobike. We squeezed all six of us in. Pastor Jeff told us that the driving laws here are more like driving suggestions. I believe him now. Today was our second and last day at the soldier camp, and I miss the little boogers (kids) already. There were a few that I wanted to bathe and put in my pocket. We drew pictures of people and things that make the the kids feel safe, and then things that make them feel unsafe. Unsafe things included "evil", snakes, giants, war, and burial grounds. The point of the exercise was to teach the kids, when you feel unsafe, tell somebody that you trust. So if a stranger or a "bad person" comes up to you, tell somebody right away. All the kids eat a rather funny snack: french baguette with sweetened condensed milk poured on top. Apparently it tastes similar to a donut. Mmmm sounds good to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment